Infant Massage Certification
Teaching Parents to Relax and Enhance their relationship with their babies through touch. Students will learn to teach parents to massage their babies. Parents are empowered and a strong bond of trust is developed through the application of massage as learned in this class. Every pregnant parent has an idealized vision of what life will be like after the baby is born; sometimes that vision becomes the reality, and the love affair between parent and baby is amazing. Sometimes, however, the reality is less than perfect, and parents may feel clueless, lost, or even at war with their babies. They are willing to do whatever it takes to become the parent they know they can be. Teaching this class to parents satisfies the needs of both groups: it will enhance the perfect relationship, and it will help the troubled relationship to become peaceful and relaxed.
Students will learn:
- Basic Massage strokes for babies at different stages of development
- Do’s and don’ts of massaging babies and how to listen to both babies and parents
- Specialized routines for relief of colic, gas and constipation
- Specialized routines for problems with nursing and latching on
- Specialized routines for problems with getting baby to sleep and soothing a cranky baby
- Routines for the pregnant mom to foster bonding through touch before baby is born
- How to facilitate a positive relationship between parents and children
- How to set up and teach an Infant Massage class
- How to market and promote your new service
Through this infant massage instructor certification students will receive certification as a “HypnoBirthing Certified Infant Massage Instructor”, and CEU credit hours for Massage Therapists, Nurses, Doula’s and HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educators. Tuition includes text, a syllabus for teaching parent classes, handouts that can be copied and distributed to parents, and a lifelike baby doll (a $50 value) to use as a teaching aid in future classes.
Please click on the events below to see our upcoming Infant Massage Certification Classes
June 9, 2020 - June 10, 2020
|HypnoBirthing Infant Massage Certification - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA|