Professional Doula Training
Are you a doula at heart? Doulas offer their continuous presence and emotional support to women in pregnancy and birth. They also are knowledgeable in comfort measures and have a deep understanding of the laboring woman’s desires for her pregnancy and birth. A doula’s purpose is to support women and their physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs during pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Refine your path to becoming a knowledgeable and effective doula.
Our Full Training Includes:
- Training binder with additional handouts and digital files
- A comprehensive 3-day training which will include marketing and managing a birth business.
- An invitation to join our online group forum where you can connect with your instructors and sister birth professionals.
Lifetime Professional Doula Training Certification
This will be granted upon completion of the 3 day doula training and evidence of the following components:
* Successfully completing the open-book exam
* Attendance of a breastfeeding class
* Attendance of a childbirth education class
* Create a business plan outline or attend a small business workshop
* Create a comprehensive community resource list for pregnant women.
* Community service (provide doula services for one women in need) or give a Presentation on the benefits of a doula.
*Evidence of successfully supporting three births.
*Read and write a short synopsis of the books on our required reading list.
The families you serve will think it’s priceless!
Recommended Reading List
- Pea in the Pod: Linda Goldberg
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth: Ina May Gaskin
- Cut It Out: The C-Section Epidemic in America: Theresa Morris
- The Baby Book: Dr Sears and Sears
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding: Ina May Gaskin
- HypnoBirthing, The Mongan Method: Marie Mongan