Professional Doula Training
Are you a doula at heart? Doulas offer their continuous presence and emotional support to women in pregnancy and birth. They also are knowledgeable in comfort measures and have a deep understanding of the laboring woman’s desires for her pregnancy and birth. A doula’s purpose is to support women and their physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs during pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Refine your path to becoming a knowledgeable and effective doula.
Our Full Training Includes:
- Training binder with additional handouts and digital files
- A comprehensive 3-day training which will include marketing and managing a birth business.
- An invitation to join our online group forum where you can connect with your instructors and sister birth professionals.
Lifetime Professional Doula Training Certification
To be certified as a HypnoBirthing Birth Doula you need to be a HBCE & pass an open book certification examination that is based on the materials covered in your training/retreat. All certification candidates must be over the age of 18 and must be physically able to perform the hands-on comfort measures demonstrated in the training.
- HypnoBirthing – The Mongan Method author: Marie Mongan
- Squaring the Circle: Normal Birth Research, Theory and Practice in a Technological Age authors: Soo Downe and Sheena Byrom
- The Doula’s Guide to Empowering your Birth author: Lindsay Bliss
- Cut It Out: The C-Section Epidemic in America author: Theresa Morris
- Battling Over Birth: Black Women and the Maternal Health Care Crisis authors: Julia Chinyere Oparah , Helen Arega, Dantia Hudson, Linda Jones,Talita Oseguera
- Breastfeeding Answers Made Simple A Pocket Guide for Helping Mothers author: Nancy Mohrbacher
Complete a blood borne pathogens course.
Obtain CPR certification
Attend the training!
Pass open book examination
Observe 2 births
Write summaries for each birth including what you learned, what you would do differently and how the experience influenced your work as a doula.
June 2, 2021 - June 11, 2021
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
|Professional Doula Training - ONLINE|