HypnoBirthing Certification / Re-Certification Requirements
- Attendance at a HypnoBirthing® Educator Certification Workshop does not automatically equate to Certification. Each candidate must submit a successfully completed Review of the Program following the course.
- Certification includes a listing on our on-line referral system, a copy of our quarterly newsletter, an opportunity to attend our annual educational conclave, and regular updates.
- Only persons holding current certification with the HypnoBirthing® Institute may teach the copyrighted materials and use the registered trade name HypnoBirthing® and the logo in promotional and teaching materials.
Criteria for yearly renewal
Annual renewal is required in order to remain certified to teach HypnoBirthing.
With your membership renewal, the following criteria (subject to change) are required: All submissions should be carefully and neatly presented in typewritten form for review.
- A statement that the current textbook has been reread within a month of renewal. Please list particular theories or techniques that were reinforced by reading.
- A brief review, noting highlights, of TWO books on the recommended reading list. Appropriate substitutions will be accepted.
- A total of 15 *Continuing Professional Development/Education Units to be earned every two years. Submit CEU statements or validating documents.
- The submission of a copy of all brochures or promotional literature that are used in currently connection with your HypnoBirthing® practice, along with the URL for your website if one is used.
- Complete online Class Report for each class.
Each member must agree to abide by the following statements: Please read and consider these criteria, as well as the Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice, carefully.
- I certify that I am teaching with the most current materials (materials revised Spring 2006 – 5 units).
- I certify that I am teaching only with official or approved HypnoBirthing® materials.
- I certify that I am teaching with the emotional, physical, and spiritual well being of my clients at the forefront.
- I certify that I am teaching within the limits of the scope of my practice.
- I certify that I am not teaching with any person who is not a Certified Educator.
- I certify that except in situations that are time sensitive, I teach the full HypnoBirthing® curriculum (5, 2.5-hour sessions, as outlined).
- I certify that I fully observe the professional, legal and ethical standards of the HypnoBirthing® Institute.