Why Become a HypnoBirthing Practitioner / Instructor
Available to Doctors, Doulas, Midwives, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, Healthcare Providers, Childbirth Educators, Hypnotherapists, Yoga Instructors, Massage Therapists, and all others with an interest in maternal health and birthing.
Our global network of HypnoBirthing Practitioners are forwarding the message of calm and gentle births in over 45 countries throughout the world.
Becoming a HypnoBirthing instructor will add a whole new dimension to your life. Today, more than ever before, people are attracted to the HypnoBirthing Practitioner Certification Program because of the satisfaction that teaching this program and working with young families is bringing into their lives. An even greater attraction for practitioners is seeing the impact that the HypnoBirthing philosophy of calm and gentle birthing is having on a large majority of low-risk women who are coming to realize that birth is about them and their babies. Through weekly pre-natal classes, instructors are helping families to reclaim birth as their own.
HypnoBirthing gives women the confidence to birth, free of any unnecessary interventions that can move the experience out of the realm of normal and thrust it into the arena of medicalization. Practitioners who were, or are, Labor and Birthing nurses talk about the feeling of fulfillment that they have in attending births where empowered women trust birth and trust the female human body to be able to birth normally and with ease. Doulas revel in the fact that they are able to leave births on a natural high that remains with them for hours, and sometimes days. Mothers who birthed with HypnoBirthing broadcast the joy and accomplishment they feel, and they seem compelled to teach these skills to as many people as will listen. Doctors who respect families and the miracle of birth are happy to find the rational means of attending births, rather than managing births.
We could fill pages with the many reasons that practitioners give for having become affiliated with HypnoBirthing, but it all comes down to the HypnoBirthing belief that birth is natural, normal, and healthy, and that women were created to conceive, nurture and birth babies. Birth is intended to be experienced with dignity and reverence. Practitioners are inspired to carry this message to birthing families in 45 countries of the world.
Enjoy the rewards of teaching visualization and imagery that assists expectant parents as they release fear and other hindering emotions and prepare for a calm, easier, and more satisfying birth.
HypnoBirthing is a well-thought-out and dynamic, 4-day, 2-part Childbirth Educator Program consisting of a 16-hour, Introduction to Hypnosis for Childbirth or Introduction to Birthing Basics, and a 16-hour, Certification Workshop for HypnoBirthing®. You will receive: your own copy of the text; a relaxation CD with affirmations; a DVD with 7HypnoBirthing® stories; a 70-page class syllabus, with scripts and class outlines; 6 hand posters; and a CD of miscellaneous forms and handouts. Additionally, you will receive four quarterly issues of the HypnoBirthing® eMagazine, The Stork Exchange. Your membership with the HypnoBirthing® Institute provides you with ongoing support and an active, online client referral system.
What this program teaches
– An awareness of the consciousness of the baby before, during, and after experiencing birth.
– An understanding of the working of the body’s own natural relaxants
– Relaxation techniques that eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
– An understanding of why women in other cultures have easier, more comfortable birthing experience
– How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature
– Proven hypnotic techniques to bring about easier, more comfortable labor and birthing
What you will learn
– How to eliminate fear and replace it with confidence and understanding
– The source of the myth that pain is necessary accompaniment in normal birthing
– How to teach the birthing companion hypnotic rapport
– Specific techniques of hypnotic deepening
– The three stages of labor as a continuum and varying relaxation skills
– Prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal parenting and bonding